1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adjusting Night Hawks

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mattymax, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Mattymax

Mattymax Junior Member
    from Nj

Is there any adjustment on these new lights ? My plows only a few months old and one light is way outa adjustment.

Thanks
    Matt

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The 2 bolts under the light...

3. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

2 bolts, loosen them and wiggle it all around till you hit the sweet spot.... Err, sounds a little bad there but what the heck.

4. Mattymax

Mattymax Junior Member
    from Nj

When is best to do it. With plow down or up ?

Thanks for your help
    Matt

5. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I did it with the plow up so that they would be adjusted for driving on the road.

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

When I align them I lift the plow and switch to high beams. Then I cover one with a rag and set a laser level on the flat plate between the lights so I can see the red dot on the wall at the same height as the headlights. Then I loosen the two 3/4" nuts until the lamp will move. Adjust the light so the brightest part of the beam is just below the laser at about 50'. Then switch the rag to the other lamp and do the same to the second lamp. Done.

7. Mattymax

Mattymax Junior Member
    from Nj

Thanks a lot

Matt

8. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Just a suggestion but put anti seize on the threads. Broke both studs off one of my lights from being exposed to corrosion. Wasn't easy drilling out the rivets and machining new studs for it.