1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adjusting MVP+ center cutting edges

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mishnick, Jan 15, 2014.

1. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Has anyone else had any trouble with getting the center two cutting edge sections on the new MVP+ to close the gap?

On the old regular MVP there was a rubber squeegee thing that bridged the gap, then on the first few MVP+ cutting edges I installed there were slotted bolt holes on those two small pieces that go in the center. The slotted holes allowed you slide the center pieces to the best / closest position so that snow didn't leak out and leave a streak. Now, the cutting edge kits come with round holes in those center pieces so you can't adjust them any more:realmad: I have considered having them machined to make slots but that will make them that much more money when you already almost need to sell your first born to get the kit.

Anybody have a solution / ideas to resolve this?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I had my buddy water jet 5/8 by 5/8 out of each inner side. Slide them together and put the "cube" towards the outer side of the slot.

Ive pics on PS somewhere.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I think its the blades themselves. We've replaced a couple sets over last season and the ones we took off had maybe 1/8-1/4 gap and one of the new ones was the same and the other has probably at least a 1' gap and can not be moved any closer. I was kind of pissed because now it leaves streaks all over the lots. I told my Fisher dealer next edge if its not close we're going through his entire stock until we find a good one.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Boss sued western and that's what we got in retturned. There will be no double slotted cutting shoe

The new MVP3 has one slot on base angle and another slot on Cutting shoe.

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Are the boss ones slotted?

I dont care for boss cause I like chain lifts. Just curious