1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

adjuster bolts

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowin207, Feb 8, 2010.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

i put add a leafs in in my truck and new torsion keys my rear is at 40.5 inches from the ground to the fender well and my front i could only get it to 39.5 inches and i really want it to be level so my question is can i buy longer grade 8 bolts to use as adjusters. i know this is bad for cv angles and ball joints and blah blah but i just want to know if it can be done

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

It probably can. I'd stay away from it. That's a hard angle for the front end.

3. Bmxdkj

Bmxdkj Member

If you know its bad why would you want to do it? Makes no sense to me to wear out perfectly good parts.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

you only go so far till you bottom out the upper a-arms on the bump stops.

add some balest to the back.

and its a gm ifs truck it will never be right. :nono:

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What does that mean?

6. plowin207

plowin207 Member

i decided against it just for the fact that this is also my daily driver and after driving it it has stiffened up alot and it isn't really worth the ware and tare on the truck plus the more i thought about it the idea started to sound like less and less of a bood idea from when i first thought of it but i want to say thenks for the help i posted this question on another forum and some people help but others are kind of a$$es about it