1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adjustable Shocks or Timbrens

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by grinch1989, Sep 20, 2010.

1. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

I have a 2004 Dodge Dakota and have been running Timbrens with my Blizzard plow for a few years. They have done exactly what I needed them to do, handle the added weight, keep the front end level when lifting the plow, and keep the front end from bottoming out when stacking snow.

The only problem is the ride! It makes the truck brutal to drive, seeing this is my daily driver 50+ miles to my "real" job. So I am thinking remote adjustable shocks may be the answer. Maybe the Rancho 9000 series? Keep them light for daily driving and then heavy for plowing. I am worried about the extra strain on the stock tower mounts. Thoughts???

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I ran a fisher 7 1/2' MM1 Regular Duty plow on the front of my Quad Cab Dakota, (2003 4.7 V8) with just a few cranks on the torsion bars and some ballast in the bed. I ran replacement shocks from Advance Auto when the originals blew out, but never had a problem holding the plow.

3. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

Thanks for the reply, anyone else?