1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adjustable pedestal mount

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by canoebuildah, Nov 10, 2007.

1. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

I just got an 810 installed on my 2007 Chevy 3550 DRW rack body. The installer was not able to get the shoebox installed on the armrest when folded down. I am trying to decide whether to cut the shoebox to fit the console or order the Blizzard pedestal mount.

Does anyone use one of these? I really would like to have the armrest down since the only cupholders in the truck are located in it.

2. MYTWOSONS

MYTWOSONS Junior Member

I installed a pedistal mount in my truck. Used it a few times this winter. So far it's performed well. Haven't had any major storms lately though so plow has been in the garage majority of the time.:cry:

3. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

The strap is just long enough to go around the seat base. I had it like this in my GM and now in my Ford. It sucks to get in under and velcrowed together but it stays in there all winter.

4. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

I cut the hump off on my controller. Works great now and I still can use the cup holders too.

[​IMG]

5. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I like the labels for up and down:D

6. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

I tried the strap and found my arm was to cramped - (I have a F350 if that matters) I use the pedestal mount and found it to be more user friendly.

7. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Ya, when I get tired, I would never know what the <---- -----> meant!

Also notice you push up on the joystick to make the blade go down :confused:

8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Not up but forward like loader controls.

9. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

I got the Blizzard pedestal mount for my 860 SW,... & I'm not too impressed,... it's ok, but it's kinda flimsy,... it moves around too much,... it was apparently designed for things like cellphones, etc.

PICT0001 (Small).JPG

10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Nice looking older Chevy interior, :salute:A Boss

11. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Alasaka Boss - I ran a brace from the controller to the dash - helped alot.

12. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

I have strapped it to the armrest and I am quite comfortable now with it there. I didn't cut off the "hump" as it doesn't seem to be in the way. It also helps keep the controller to the front of the armrest. I think if I moved it back much further, it wouldn't become uncomfortable.

13. coolinthewoods

coolinthewoods Junior Member
    from Alaska

I used a 2 1/2" hole saw and cut some blocks from two pieces of 1 inch thick plywood, bolted them together to the bottom of my control box like yours, and it sits in the cup holder. When Im done plowing I just lift it out and sit in on the tranny hump.

14. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRR you can use a 3" pvc schedule 40 pipe piece and a pipe cap to fit into most drink holders. Some of them you need to use a Sewer and Drain vs sch 40 pipe. Works great and easy to take out.

J