1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adjustable mounts?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JaimeG, Aug 2, 2010.

1. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Can you adjust the height of the mounts? By how much?(inches) If I add a 3" leveling kit to the truck will a v plow or xls frame sit level to the ground?

2. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Bump, TTT.

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

You can adjust the a-frame height up or down with the pins in the rear where it attaches to the headgear, not sure if 3" lift will allow the a-frame to sit level though. I think its a 2" maximum adjustment on the pins.

4. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I was hoping it would be a little more adjustable. I wonder how they make the plow sit level on F-550's and F-450's since they are a couple inches taller than F-250's and F-350's. Or are the mounts different?

5. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

The mounts are the same for the F250-550s, On the fishers there are three pin mounting holes that attach the head gear to the a frame which allow to adjust for different height differences to keep the a frame level with the ground. Stock fords usually run on the bottom hole if they are 2 wheel drive and usually the middle hole if they are 4 wheel drive. Plus the Xtreme V's have an additional pivot point on the a frame to adjust the angle of the a frame. I think a three inch leveling kit should be alright, I put an extreme v one of our 2003 gmc 2500s with a 6 inch lift and big tires and was able to make everything work without any modifications to the truck or plow.

6. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Thanks a lot, that's what I wanted to hear.

7. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

i have a 8.5 xtreme vee on my 02 f250 with a leveling kit, just had to adjust the lower plow frame to get blade to sit level in the scoop and vee postions

8. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I'm not too familiar with Fishers. Could someone post some pictures of where you can make the adjustments? Or maybe a link?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  9. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

Capture.JPG

This is drawing of the xtreme v a-frame. The parts circled in red are height adjustment holes that attach the headgear to the aframe, the parts highlighted in yellow are the pivot points which adjust the angle of the plows aframe to keep the blade level so the cutting edges wear even. You get three adjustment angle points. Only the Xtreme v aframes have this additional pivot point, the xls and straight blades only have the three height adjustment holes.

Capture.JPG

10. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Thanks a lot man!