1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

adjust plow frame height

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gc3, Jan 5, 2009.

1. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I have a 2003 gmc sierra 2500 hd with timbrens and a new boss 8'2 vxt. 33" tires on 9"rims. My turning radius is cut down a little cause they rub the wheel well. I also have a leveling kit on it. If I leave the plow on in the raised position, and turn the leveling bolts to raise the front end up l" to help in the wheel well, should the plow frame height be dropped down to a lower level or should I just leave it?
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

if you adjust the cam bolts up to clear the wheel well and tire's you will have to lower the push beam to the correct height to hook up the plow ! 15 1/2 inches from the center of the pin hole to the ground
  3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I figured as much , there's three bolts through it now and if I raise it up 1", then to get the push beam back down to 15 1/2" it looks like I'd only be able to fit two bolts instead of three.
  4. boonman

boonman Junior Member

Two bolts will hold it just fine, provided you mean a total of 4 bolts per side, meaning that a total of 8 bolts will be holding the frame on.
  5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Right, the installer put six on each side and he also said four on each side is fine. Thanks