1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Addition on our Salt Storage.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JD Dave, Nov 6, 2008.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The contractor came today to put another 14 ft on our 28ftx30ft. Coverall. It will be 30ft wide by 42ft long now.

SANY0068.jpg

SANY0069.jpg

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

any estimated ton storage? at max capacity?

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

250 for sure but hopefully 300.

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

ok, i heard so many of us are moving your way, we all just wanted to be sure that you had enought salt storage for us all... thanks for the addition, ... let us know when that water/electric, and gas hook up is going in for the RV we are bringing

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

lol. Ok...........

6. DKG

DKG Senior Member

Hey Dave, Did they add 1 arch, or two?

7. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

JD it look's great :salute:

8. duramax8611

duramax8611 Junior Member

wow very impressive

9. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

New tractors and more salt storage somebody is starting the yr off with a bang:gunsfiring:!!!
    Looks great!

10. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Why do you have to rub it in JDDave? Are you just a poor sport? A show off? Kick a man while he is down and can't get bulk any cheaper than bagged? Am I forgetting any?

Just messing with you, it looks great! I am truly jealous. Is there such a thing as salt storage envy?

11. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I think you need another salt truck...(possibly a Tandem Mack with DownEaster salter-I know a guy who has one real cheap!) LOL

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is that JD senior supervising ?

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Good eyes, they actually added 2, I thouight they were only going to add 1. I'll take a pic today when it's finished.

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Actually Mom and POP are both there in the pic. We drove 3 tractors done to there home for the winter and my mom picked us up.:D

15. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

where is your salt?

is that sand in there?

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We'll get our loads in next week. That's actually salt in there with about 5 ton of sand that was dumped to the side and kind of got spread around somehow. We only generally use salt but last year we got some sand in for some back lots when salt was scarce last winter. We don't have a problem getting salt around here yet so I'm not worried about getting salt next week. Usually we would have it full by now but I have to have it near empty to put the Coverall up.

17. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

how much did the total coverall cost you now? i was looking to put up somehting very similar to that next spring. right now i have a huge pile sitting in the middle of my barn out back...

18. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Here's what 293.08 tons looks like in one of our bins. :D

PA290681.jpg

PA290681.jpg

19. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

WOW are there three bins right there. Very nice!!! Do you keep salt onsite at some larger sites also.

20. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Yes to both.