1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding width to a HD

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Carpenter98, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Carpenter98

Carpenter98 Member

I have a 9' HD MM1. I usually plow gas stations & smaller lots. This year I picked up a warehouse lot & a lumberyard. The warehouse lot I can do in 2 hours (6" snow) without much trouble, but when we get larger snows it can take a while.

The lumber yard has 5 runs that are 20'-30' wide, anywhere from 50'-100' long, I'd like to add 12" to each end of the blade, maybe angled in so I can scoop.

Any ideas or aftermarket parts that would work for this? I'd like to upgrade to a V, but not this year. I'm sure I'd have to add some structure to the existing blade to add on wings, I'd want to remove them anyway for travel & smaller lots. With the wings though I wouldn't have a trip feature, but I'm sure we could engineer something.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

there is a mm 10mc fisher on ebay now in ohio.

might be better.

or mabye a xls for the 8ft to 10ft width and scoop option.

if you want more now cheep and easy set of wings.
  3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

The 10 mc is great if u are running a f550 or larger. 1500lbs
  4. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Pro-wings might work for you, I belive they have a rubber edge which will give a little when you hit something...
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

ya but you think his 9ft with 2 ft extra added will not be a lot ? :laughing:
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Not with a set of pro wings weighing 63lbs combined