1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding Vibrater

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by wls, Nov 10, 2008.

1. wls

wls Senior Member

I have a new TGS05, buyers, and want to put a buyers vibrater on it. Should I splice into the salt spreaders power, or run a seperate power to it? I don't know if it would steal too much from the spreader powwer. Thanks
  2. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

If it were me.. I would run another power cable... But that's just me... I worked for a large install company that always went with spec and safety. Plus might just last longer!

Or one better run one larger cable for both and then split it at the spreader...
  3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i would run a second wire and switch so that you dont have to run the vibe all the time
  4. wls

wls Senior Member

We have never run a vibe before, can anyone give us a step by step, like start it from the start, or just whenever? I think I will run seperate power to it, I just don't feel right taking away from the spreader, if it would, I hate a plugged up spreader. That sort of is why I asked the vibe run time, it would seem it would pack the salt down, if run alot, especially if you not running the spinner.
  5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

its simple, pick a good mounting place. i would advise you to also make a plate for the front and back side. of the mount , i have seen vibrators crack the spreaders because they were mounted with just bolts and washers. a larger plate, (even a peace of 1/4 ply wood) would help avoid that

run a negative wire to the battery , positive to a swithc in the cab , then back to the battery - thats it

dont steal power from the spreader - you could ruin the control box if you do . If you want the vib to go on automaticly when the spreader comes on , then use a relay to do it. but i found most of the time its better to jsut have it seperate anyway .

also note. Its best to shut down the vibrator, first ...run the spinner for a min or so. between jobs. the vib will allow the salt to settle and compact in your hopper if your not acctually spreading it. this will help avoid jams sometimes