1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding to the fleet

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mysticlandscape, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Well the 6.0 Bug has finally hit me. Still love my trucks though. With one problem after the other I decided it was time to add another truck especially after this winter. :gunsfiring:

2014 F350 XL 6.2L Gas 8.5 Extreme V

She's a work truck but will be treated as good as the others.

13.0 MPG so far I like the truck.

2014 350.jpg
  2. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Sharp looking truck!!! I love the rims on it!!
  3. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats, those new ones look good. Did you trade in the 6.0? What went on it and how come you decided to go gas?
  4. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

What problems did you have and at what mileage?
  5. Mysticlandscape

I kept it. With the prices of new trucks to me it was worth it to put the money into it. I am going to be into the motor for $5,200 Head gaskets, Studs, Oil Cooler, EGR Delete, FICIM and a few other smaller things. Now not everything had gone bad. The egr cooler was toast and the FICIM had low voltage. I decided that if she's going under the knife then go big or go home. She has 150k On her and this is the first time she has missed more then 1 day of work in 6.5 years. This was my personal driver now my right hand guy drives it and he really likes the truck so I see it as money well spent and I plan to get another 6.5 years outta her.

I know I contradict myself when I say the price of new trucks but we planned on adding another truck this spring anyways so the plan just got bumped up about 6 weeks!

GAS vs. DIESEL

My work trucks average 9k miles a year. Gas is $1 cheaper per gallon and it's $9,000ish option for the diesel higher maintenance and repair costs in the longer run so I decided to go gas. If I need diesel power I have 4 others!
  6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Who did the engine work? Your close to me I know I had a hard time finding a local place.
  7. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Nice truck but those tires are JUNK.
  8. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

wat gears do u have in her? sharp looking truck
  9. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck.
  10. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice new truck! Any pics yet of your fleet all together?
  11. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Portsmouth ford?
  12. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

Looks like Portsmouth to me. Nice addition, like I've said in the past, you're fleet is impressive, and is nice looking. Any additional plans for it; lettered, lights, insert, etc.?
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  13. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

they must have some good deals up there.
  14. Mysticlandscape

Old blue as we call her went to nathans garage in assonet. Kind of far but had good 6.0 reviews and reasonably priced.

Ill get michelens eventually

3.73 still at 13 mpg 210 miles on her haha im driving it parked the platnium for a few days

Yes ive bought 4/5 of my trucks at porsmouth
  15. Mysticlandscape

O yea spreader wiring already in it she can go to work tomorow but only as back up this season. Full time spreader next season and insert for landscape season
  16. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking truck how do you like the 6.2
  17. Polar beard

Polar beard Junior Member
    from MI

$5200 isn't too bad for a truck with 150,000 on her. At least in my opinion. Especially considering that you now have a pretty bullet proof motor. As far as the tires go, I have a set on the 08 F350 and they are absolutely terrible to push snow. Highway they are great. Nice truck
  18. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good!
  19. ByDesign

ByDesign Senior Member

Any reason for a dump insert and not just a dump bed? Seems you would be spending more $$$ for the insert?
  20. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

A signature of equipment to be proud of, I want to see pics of the 544, stop slacking