1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding to plow height

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Avitare, Mar 18, 2008.

1. I am considering adding to the top of my plow --about 2.5-3inches

This will add more curl to the moldboard and give me the option to end up with the upper
    angle to change and be more horizontal.
    Then I could mount the snow deflector more horizontally.

I suffered quite a bit of snow over the top of the plow and it would blow under my lights
    and up the hood to the bottom of the windshield.
    Curling the top of the plow more should help and I am advised that the horizontal
    deflector was more effective

Wondering if anyone has played with the shape of their plow
    My original plow is a Standard 7.5 but I have added a 4th spring and a shock
    (also dis-satisfied with the shock -- why not a gas shock??)

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I know fisher has something similar and its call a snow foil. Same concept as what are want to do. I hear they work pretty good too?. You might be able to find a cheap used "snow foil" on ebay and custom fit it to your plow?.
  3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Did you ever consider that adding that much height might make your truck run warmer, by blocking air flow, just my thought, I would never be able to do that, when I went from a worn 2.5''-3'' cutting edge to a new 6'' my truck ran alot warmer.

4. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

For what its worth,here are a few pics.
    Before and After

New 06 Ford F-250 4x4 241.jpg

New 06 Ford F-250 4x4 381.jpg

New 06 Ford F-250 4x4 068.jpg