1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding sides

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by mike1316, Jan 27, 2013.

1. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

Hi everyone. I was thinking of adding side to my 7550 salter. I only need a little more salt on my site. So i was thinking 2x12 or 2x10 in just still thinking what the best way to bolt it up. Any help would be great. Thanks
  2. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

It's raining here today but I have a 6000 with sides ill take some pics tomw and post them

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Without going to the SnowEx website I am not sure I remember. Does the 7550 have the auto reverse motor/trans in case of overload? I know the 8500 has it and have seen a couple with sides and boards added and had it stacked high. Was wondering tho if the 7550 does not have the auto reverse what would you do in case of a jam/clogged issue?
  4. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Build a square and bolt it from the bottom up with lag bolts. I have a couple with sides. Smallest, with biggest sides is a 3000 with 20 in sides (2x8 and 2x12).
  5. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

Thanks everyone but does anyone have pic
  6. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

anyone got pics?
  7. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

I guess not
  8. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I can post a couple later, but not from my iPhone.
  9. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Not the greatest pictures, but it definitely can be done.

Long ago started with the 3000, but its capacity is something like 0.6 yards. Where I was purchasing bulk from charge a good price for a yard, but a 1/2 yard was almost the same price.

So I added on 8" sides, but was having to much spill into the bed of the truck, just built a box, drilled holes and put lag bolts in from the salter.

I then added an additional 12" sides, and to attach it I built the box, toe nailed the corners and then put plywood on the inside to strengthen the wall. You can hardly see the plastic hopper underneath the sides I added.

Have not done anything other than use and abuse it, and occasionally splash paint on it in years so that it blends in. Over the years it has easily run 250-300 tonne thru it

The 8000 (at least thats what I think it is, if not its a 6000) I added 12" sides to it.

The 3000 will hold 1.25 tonne of white - leveled with the top of the box. But, its short in the bed and tail heavy so it never gets loaded level.

The 8000 will hold 2+ (never stacked it too much because of the truck its in and weight capacity)

Snow Ex 3000.JPG

Snow Ex 8000.jpg
  10. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Lol, you DIG and it sucks.