1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding Shock Absorber to HD75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by dodgesprt00, Jan 17, 2014.

1. dodgesprt00

dodgesprt00 Member

I was out the other night plowing and ran into a guy running a EX80 with a shock absober on it. He said they come on the full trip dogg's now. Is this True? Is there any kit that my dealer could install on my HD75? It would be great to have something to cushion the blow when those man hole covers pop up on me. Thanks for any help

2. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I would love to have one also. I have my spring tighten all the way and it still trips too easy. It comes back with a big bang if I don't catch it.

3. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

4. dodgesprt00

dodgesprt00 Member

Nice looking design. Now if only my welding skils were good enought to pull something like that off. Might be something I try this summer if i can't figure something else out.

5. gene gls

Thanks for the pic's and part #'s. Looks good. How can you plow with your springs so loose? Mine are bottomed out on the nut and it still trips too easy. Maybe my spring tabs are welded in the wrong place.

6. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

My welding skills are not that good either. Luckily I have a friend who has a big garage and a nice welder. Thumbs Up

7. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

Thanks. I really don't have much of a problem with tripping unless I'm trying to push a few inches of hard crusty snow. If you measure your spring tabs, I can compare to mine to see if there is any difference. How high off the ground is your mount? Too high will make it trip easier.

8. gene gls

It tripped very easy when it was on my 1/2 ton. I have it on a 3/4 ton now and have the nuts tightened all the way down to the nut. It still trips faster than any of my other plows did. It looks like the spring is too long or the tabs are welded in the wrong spot.