1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding second battery.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I am thinking about adding a second battery to our 06 F250SD, has any one done this yet. It has 5.4L. If you have what did you have to remove or re-route to make it work. A friend of mine works at a Ford dealer in the parts dept. and he faxed me a diagram of what parts are needed but not what to remove or re-route.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

There are over 1,000 threads on this when I did a search. Or at least that many threads with "dual batteries" in it somewhere.

I was looking for one I remembered from last year that was the best I saw.

Although it is for a Chevy/GMC set-up and you have a ford the information is still good you would just need to place you tray in a different spot.

If you do a search on "Dual battery" you will find some ford pictures I believe. I saw a Dodge one but every time I tried to open a ford picture my computer crashed.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Thanks REAPER I completely forgot to do a search, thanks again.
  4. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

5. rwilimo

rwilimo Member