1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

adding plow wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by chev2500plow, Sep 6, 2008.

1. chev2500plow

chev2500plow Member

I have a 7ft.6 pro plow ultra mount and was wondering if anybody has fabbed up wings to fit on thier plow, and if you have how did you do it. I was told i have to have a pro plow plus to add wings. any input would help thank you.
  2. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Hey Chev,

I bought the Boss wings a fabricated them to fit my 7' skidsteer blade. I love it! I'm going to buy another set to put on my Unimount blade. I already set it up and they will work. The Boss wings are the nicest! All you have to do is line them up and screw in the mounting plates to the backer board. Very easy! Don't listen to everyone who tells you that you must have a prow plus to run the western wings. I've heard bad things about the prow wings...Plus you have to drill thru the mold board on the plow to install them. Spend the extra $500 and get the Boss wings. They are heavy duty and easy to fabricate.

Snow Picasso
  3. Indy

Indy Senior Member

4. chev2500plow

chev2500plow Member

Thanks guys did you have any problems putting the boss wings on the western plows?
  5. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

not to thread jack but i too have a 7'6" pro plow but a uni-mount and am looking into ideas on fabbing up some wings. let's see some other ideas!:help:

I would be willing to buy some if I could find some for my application
  6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

you can just use the buyers pro wings on there all you have to do is weld the brackets on and it works fine
  7. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

i don't understand what you mean by buyers wings?:confused:
  8. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

they are made buy buyer's product's# pw22 they are the maker of the first one the bought the patent's .
  9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

Can you please elaborate on what bad things you have heard....and what you mean by drill through the mold board??..My WESTERN pro wings mount behind the blade exactly like the boss and actually if you look at the design of the wing itself it's almost identical..

and if you spend an EXTRA 500 for boss wings over western then they must cost over 1,000 because western wings are 500 themselves?????

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

They do look a lot like the Boss version..
    Humm I wonder who they contracted to build them?

In house?
  11. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

its just a brand name you can look them up on line just type buyers pro wings in the search engine... it is who actually makes the new snowdog plows
  12. mwalton

mwalton Junior Member

Really seriously planning on buying a set of these to put on a 7.5 Boss on my 2010 silverado 1500. how much do they weigh?
  13. Titan Landscape

Titan Landscape Junior Member

Buy Buyers Plow Wings. Work great. Make sure to mount with pucks as vertical as possible and slightly in front of cutting edge. They work great. Massive improvement over stock.
  14. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran