1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

adding plow to a Dodge 2001 Quad 4x4?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dss56, Mar 1, 2006.

1. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

Called fisher and they said no to adding a plow to the 2001 dodge quad. So i called Meyers here in Boston Ma. and the girl asked me for the GW of the truck and the front axle weight the truck is 6600 and the front axle is the 3865 weight. She asked me if the truck is rated with these weights. Going to call back and let her know what they are. The cost for install is 3700.00 don't know the type but its an ez mount light duty 7.6 blade. Can someone tell me that this is all right to mount to this truck without problems. The truck has 53k miles and has a solid fiberglass cap for some back weight. Truck is in a1 condition. If this is not a good idea i will as planed before this info of today to look this weekend for another used truck say a 2003-2004 dodge quad 4x4. in the Meyer install chart the 2001 is not there but the 2002 and up will take a plow.

thanks for all the replies

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Get a 2500hd in the long run you will be glad you did.

3. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

My main question is how are the meyers plows for strength/durability. Don't want to spend 3700.00 for install and regret it. I guess my post has a 2 part question and answer. How about it is the meyers plow product good or bad. I will find out what mount i will get for the install tomorrow morning and will post in the morning.

thanks

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

you will find a lot of down talk on meyer on this site. i use meyer and western plows and i have nothing negative to say about strength/duribility of a meyer. it will take much more abuse than the truck will hold up to. "everyone" has a meyer in this town

5. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

Called back to Lacey Truck Medford Ma. and they will put the meyers ezmount plus 7 1/2 ft blade for 3600.00 is this a good price? Going friday to look at one already put together and see what im getting my self into.

thanks for the replies

6. forte777

forte777 Junior Member

You have probably already solved your problems, hopefully, but I wanted to give you another option. I have been browsing some plow sites because my father is trying to sell his plow and possibly truck too. He has a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab with only 6000 miles on it. He bought the plow new last year (Meyer 7.5 w/ EZ Mount) and used it for only this past snow season. He has decided to retire from plowing and wants to sell the plow and maybe the truck, if someone is interested (in the plow or truck or both).

E-Mail me if you would like any info, I am near Cleveland.

crackie44@hotmail.com

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I had a BOSS 7'6" Standard Duty on my 2001 Dodge 1500 Quad 4x4 with no problems. I had it installed for $3200. Still have the plow now, used 2 seasons....no scratches, rust, anything. It also has BOSS wings on it for a clearing width of 9'4". I would think you would be fine with the Meyer 7'6" light duty. Just run the right amount of ballast!xysport

8. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

dodge meyer

Does the truck have snow plow prep package? Check to see in the build sheet. If you don't have list of options have dealer look up the vin number and tell you if it has "snow plow prep". I think the code is AHD.

I have had Dodges and Meyer products for 34+ years. I am very pleased with both. There is a web site for the Dodge too www.dodgetalk.com give it a try.

Good luck on both. I have had good luck with that combination for 34+ years..

Dave

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

7 1/2 isn't really enough plow for a Quad Cab truck. you'll constantly be running your rear wheels over unplowed snow if you try to turn while pushing snow. Quads really should be pushing at least 8 preferably 8.5 foot plows, unfortunately a 1500 (even with the AHD package) is not enough truck for that much blade. If you want Quad cab buy 2500 and go larger with the plow. Meyer wouldn't be my first choice, unless you are looking for the cheapest unit you can find.