1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding plow to 99' f250?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by medtech, Dec 12, 2004.

1. medtech

medtech Junior Member
    from Mass

Hi, I am new. Normally I would search for the answers but I'm looking for quick answers. I found a 99 ford f250 that I'd like to buy but I definitely need a 8' fisher plow. I can get the minute mount plow but need to know how I get the wiring harness and the frame mounts for the f250. What year and model trucks are compatible. How much would the mounts and harness cost from a dealer. I need to know quick because I don't know whether I should buy the truck because I don't know how much it will cost to add a plow setup. I'm not worried about the install, I'm sure I can handle it.

Thanks for all your help and please forgive my newbie question that has been more than likely asked a few dozen times.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite. :waving:
    You should check with your local fisher dealer and they will be able to hook you up with the wiring and mounts. Doesn't the plow come with any of that?
  3. medtech

medtech Junior Member
    from Mass

well a friend has a plow I can buy but it's off a dodge. I can probably reuse the wiring harness but I don't think the dodge mounts will fit a ford. I'll have to call a dealer.

Anyone else have any ideas.

Thanks for the help!
  4. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

search on ebay or call your local fisher dealer, the stuff is very expensive from dealers compaered to what you can get used. I transferrred my setup to a new truck and spent 190 for wiring and a mount that was nearly new, used 1 season for personal
  5. medtech

medtech Junior Member
    from Mass

I called a dealer, for all the wiring on the truck side and all mounting equipment for the truck would be right around $1000, ouch. Guess I'll look for another truck with a plow already on it.