1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

adding plow lights to '04 f150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by champlainl, Dec 19, 2009.

1. champlainl

champlainl Member

I have an '04 f150 hritage(old body) and I want to add aftermarket plow lights for my snowbear plow. Do I need special adapters for the lights or just use a toggle switch and tap into directions for directions to work. I'm planning on getting Grote or Peterson light kits. Any help would be appreciated and please, no bashing on my snowbear as it works perfect for my application

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I just run a 3 way toggle switch....1 pos=low beam 1 pos= off and the other pos =high beam
    Tap into the blinker and marker lights and you will be good to go.
    Put an inline fuse in the power wire to the toggle switch

3. champlainl

champlainl Member

thanks,I'm not convinced I need them as my snowflap on top of the blade is what blocks my headlights when driving down the highway,but when plowing and driving slower ,the vehicle lights work fine. Thanks again
    Bob

4. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

i just picked up a set of "truck lights" i think their called. on e-bay for about 125$ canadian shipped. they had the complete wiring kit, and instructions

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Lower the plow a little bit on the highway.
    You will also get more airflow to the radiator too