1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

adding hydrulic fluid to a frount mount pump

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by deckboys, Nov 5, 2007.

1. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

i have a front mount hydrulic pump on an 8 year old arctic plow... just wondering if anyone has the directions to add or fluch the hydro fluid
    thanks again

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Do you know if you have a quick link 1 or 2. Is there a cover on your motor and pump. I can't remember right now but I will look tomorrow.

3. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

the setup when looking at the front of the truck is pump on the left, lift cylinder, solenoids.... there is no cover on the pump or lift cylinder just the solenoids...

quick link>? they way it mounts to the truck is the older style setup, you know the one where it is a pain in the a$$ when its snowing and cold out to hook up!.. lol

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There are 4 bolts on the top of the ram. 3 are the same and 1 is different. The different one is a plug/filler cap. Remove that one and put in fluid. You want to make sure your ram is all the way down.

5. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

thanks cet...
    i tried going to the arctic site but it says i have to be a dealer to get all the specs and the diagrams... do you know of a site that has them available?

this has to be the best site for getting prompt and accurate help