1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding Fluid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Geno, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Geno

Geno Junior Member

I just purchased a used 1987 Ram PU with a Myers snow plow on it. How do I check the fluid and where do I add fluid for the snow plow.

2. maan

maan Junior Member
    from sweden

3. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

Welcome aboard, Gino! :waving: Is your Dodge gas or diesel? You'll probably want to change that fluid seein' as it's a used unit. Happy Holidays, Debi
  4. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

If u look at the front of the unit toward the bottom of the piston there are 3 bolts one should say drain.Drain out the fluid then remove the other 2 bolts,there are 2 filters in there.Remove the filters and clean them with mineral spirits,then blow them out with air reinstall.On the top to the the left of the piston is were the fill is.It should take about the hole quart.
  5. Geno

Geno Junior Member

Fluid Question

Thanks to all who responded. :waving:

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Make sure the lifting ram is fully in the down position when you fill it...Rob
  7. Geno

Geno Junior Member

Thanks for he advise........
  8. Geno

Geno Junior Member

Thanks........the Dodge is gas.....
  9. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I would drain and flush the pump and rams unless this is a brand new unit. Making sure there is no moisture or contaminates will make for a much better season... :)

filling help

if you dont want to spill any fluid steal the turkey baster from your kitchen :p to get the fluid in the fill hole works like a charm i always keep one in the tool box :drinkup: