1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding box ends to plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Feb 17, 2015.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Guys, I've got an old 6' Meyer blade on my tractor. Set up a mount for it and it is on the loader arms through skid steer quick attach. Works well for pushing back piles and clearing out deep snow. It doesn't work well angled though. I think that is due to the lack or articulation in my mount and the rigidity of the tractor. So I run it straight most of the time. I would like to add boxed ends as it would carry snow better that way. I think boxed ends would be better than pro wings. 6' is good size for this tractor. Does anyone have any recommendation on the best way to mount ends so that they can trip and not damage the plow/tractor? I've looked at pics of other pushers. I could go with a large rubber bottom section that would just fold out of the way, but I'd prefer to set up some sort of hinge or slots that would allow the side to ride up over obstacles. Any ideas as to best way to tackle this? Thanks, Nick.
  2. 98K3500

98K3500 Member
    from WI

Cut a radius on the lower forward end of the side plate so it will ride over small obstacles, and plow in float unless down pressure is needed for scraping.

My .02