1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding an extra battery to a F350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JohnRoscoe, Dec 12, 2010.

1. JohnRoscoe

JohnRoscoe Senior Member

Plowing the heavy wet snow today it was clear that our 350 could use more power. The current battery tests fine, so I'm considering adding a second. The truck supposedly came with a heavy duty alternator from the factory, so I'm assuming it doesn't need changed.

For those of you running 2 batts, how did you mount the 2nd? Where did you get the cables to connect the two batts? Anything else to watch out for?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I run two batteries in my 99 F250. Mine is a gasser not a diesel. I made the cables myself. Many of the diesels come with two battery setups from the factory. It's a simple and easy fix to do yourself. Do a search for dual batteries on here. There a lot's of post out there for this setup.

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

If you search here there are pics of two batteries on the factory tray. IIRC correctly they are Optimas.