1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding a taper to the top of a boss v plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sawtooth, Sep 22, 2016.

1. sawtooth

sawtooth Junior Member

I heard that there is an addition for the top of a boss v blade to make it tapered... Does anyone know what the product is called? Thank you, Michael

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I've never heard anything about it. The newer V's are tapered from the factory. They have flared edges and look different compared to the flat-tops.

3. sawtooth

sawtooth Junior Member

It is an add-on formed of metal that bolts onto the top of each blade, higher on the outside edge, creating a taper. I actually saw it online last year but can't find it now :((

4. jdsquire

jdsquire Member

I've seen an add-on to the Arctic V-Plow that makes it taller. But never seen one on a Boss, but a little fab & welding......

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

You are correct. But I've never even personally seen an Arctic plow in the U.S.

6. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Topwingplows.com I think is what you're looking for.

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Is this what you are looking for.

They are on ebay

Ebay Plow Flare.PNG

8. Philbilly2

Yeah, so I am a schmuck. Top Wing Plows is the company that has the listing on ebay. Just looked at their site and it is the exact same picture on their front page...:confused:

9. jdsquire

jdsquire Member

I wonder if there would be an advantage to these on a straight blade?

10. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Would still help on a straight blade. Same theory. Carry more snow to the top of the windrow

11. 2low

2low Member

I would try these out but shipping to Canada is $300 cad

12. sawtooth

sawtooth Junior Member

FYI, I did order the topwings taper parts. The website accepted my money but I never got a proper confirmation of the sale, the product did not come and...when I tried to call/email it seemed like no one was there to answer. I had to contact PayPal to assist. I am thinking about making my own tapers :))

13. Philbilly2

That ain't good...