1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding a spring to my plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by chesterlawn, Jan 28, 2009.

1. chesterlawn

chesterlawn Member

I bought a 7.6 poly plow a few years ago that came stock with three springs. After using it , and having it fold over for anything, I decided to add a spring. I called a local welder and he welded a new bracket for the spring, $20 mat. and labor. What a difference, only time it folds is when it should. I think I read where other people were having the same problem, try this, it's a quick easy fix. And yes I did have the proper tension on the three springs.
  2. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

any pics ? my 7.6 standard duty folds all the time too

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i'm not very familiar with boss plows but i added 2 springs to my 8' western (for a total of 5) and replaced the worn out shock with one from a boss plow because it was a lot cheaper. as long as you make sure it still flexes (which you obviousloy have since you said you checked the springs) you'll be fine...

hey 1 bad bolt, if you go to my profile page i have pictures of my western after the modifications. that should give you an idea. if you don't have that shock i would look into making brackets for that. best of luck to both of youussmileyflag oh if you want better pics just ask ;)
  4. chesterlawn

chesterlawn Member

No I don't have any pictures, but the spring I added is 5 inches from the other center spring. So the way it looks, the springs are all balanced. If you are having trouble with your plow folding over definitly try it.