1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding a snowman pull plow.. should I be concerned about the single battery?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, Dec 27, 2013.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Hey All-

I'm adding a 7'SC Snowman snowplow to my '03 2500HD- it's got the plow prep package, but only a single battery (currently has a 3 year old optima yellowtop in it)- truck does fine with a lightbar, heater, radio, and 8' Fisher on it- lights dim a little when I raise/angle the plow, but not too bad. Should I be concerned about the single battery adding a back blade to the mix? I'm thinking it should be OK since I won't be raising the back blade and front blade at the same time (usually). Thoughts?

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

yes might want 2 now

You might not running both blades at same time but you will be running them back to back
  3. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

look at the sticky post on top of chevy thread. will walk you how to do it. basically these trucks were made from factory to be able to add the 2nd battery. IMO its worth it from the standpoint that it won't beat up the electrical system as much, gives the plows something to draw off of because the alternator will not keep up running multiple plows.