1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding a lightbar switch box 04 chevy 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chuckraduenz, Nov 21, 2011.

1. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

not really many spots to mount a switch pannel. and i didnt want to drill holes in the floor or in the dash. so im building a swich pannel for the small roof storage compartment. has 9 switches with led indacators. the 3 switchs to the left will be 1 2 3 and im making it so it will work like a slide switch, or link 1 to 2 and use 3 alone or when turning on 3 it will turn on all 3. also has back lighting.

wired:

1, 2, 3, left alley, takedown, right alley, td-left, td-right, aux

the led under the #1 switch is a dual color and will be lit red for power to switch pannel and is on all the time. then that same led will turn green when any of the 9 switches are turned on. all the switches have a led above them to also show what one is on. and all have led backlighting.

im also at one point gona make it so i can change patterns without removing anywires. all i will need to do is remove the 4 screws holding the switch pannel in. and turn on a dip-switch or jumper not shure what im gona use yet and use a surface mount momentay push button switch to change the pattern.

pictures so far:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this switch box will be controlling a 54" all led whelen liberty......

2. chuckraduenz

3. chuckraduenz

4. chuckraduenz

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

nice job looks awesome especially with back of the labels lit up.Where did you get all your bulbs from?