1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding a 1997 Western Uni-Mount to a 2002 Avalanche 2500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by moops, Jun 30, 2010.

1. moops

moops Junior Member
    from CT

Let’s start by saying no “professional” plow people or companies were harmed in the production of this posting (except for those of you who suffer reading through this):D….I am currently doing my own drive way and I will not be plowing anyone else’s…

Here is the story to my question(s):

I have a friend who is willing to give me his 1997 Uni-Mount Western 7’6” plow. He used it for 1 season (plowing his 40’ residential drive way) and determined it was causing damage to his Dodge 2500 (I didn’t ask how/why…if you knew him you wouldn’t ask either…I suspect operator error…).

I would like to mount this to my 2002 Chevy Avalanche 2500 (8.1L). I will only be plowing my 300’ drive-way. Until now I’ve been using a 1966 Simplicity garden tractor with a 42” blade…I’m done with that plan…

I guess the plow has the lights and all included in the set-up and everything including the motor is in excellent condition it’s been stored indoors since he stopped using it…however, this thing will never leave my drive way (plowing or not). The Avalanche only gets used to haul crap or pull a camper. It is not a daily driver. It’s essentially a “dump-run” vehicle…I know it’s a very expensive dump-run vehicle but it’s paid for and I couldn’t replace it with something different for what I could sell it for… so it is what it is.

Get to the question already….!:dizzy:
    1. Is this possible (mount this plow to my truck…OK, it not a truck…I get it?)
    2. If so, what is the absolute least expensive way to pull this off?
    I suspect I’ll need to buy a different mount for my frame and a wiring harness.
    1. If I can find a used mount for my Avalanche 2500 what other trucks would have used the same model mount so I can widen my search?
    2. How about the wiring?
    3. Because of its age, should I take it to a shop and have it looked at for hoses and stuff (I don’t know what I’m talking about…no surprise)
    4. Does anyone out there have any of the stuff I need? Preferably used…
    Sorry for the long post.

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

3. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

It will bolt up no problem!
    Uni-mount mounting cartons are hard to find and $pendy!
    Not to mention GM changed the wiring setups several times
    from 00 to 07 and they are $pendy also.