1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adding 6.5 inch led oval lights to hideaway lights?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cwby_ram, Jan 27, 2013.

1. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Quick question for someone who knows more about this stuff than me: I had a couple 6.5 inch oval led truck lights laying around so I stuck them in my bumper thinking I'd just wire them into my existing led hideaways. The hideaway system is a cheap 4 head voltex kit. I tapped the ovals into the wire for the rear leds and grounded them to the bumper. Here's my problem: the ovals are constant on, while the hideaways do their thing. Why don't they flash with the hideaways?

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Are your hide always strobe or led?

3. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

They are led. I think I figured it out. Thinking it through last night, the controller must control the ground side. Ovals are grounded to three bumper. Gonna try to change some stuff around and see what happens.

4. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

You need to wire it in between the flasher (the black box on the wire) and the light.

5. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Got it figured out. Just got done moving some wires around to see if I was right. Controller works off of ground. So in order to be able to use them as turn signals I think I'm gonna pick up an led flasher that controls the positive side. Probably one of those sho-me flashers.