1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Addicted to Plowsite?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by The Boss, Jan 26, 2004.

1. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Upon reading and responding to JMR's thread "Addicted to plowing" I realized that I am also addicted to plowsite:nod: I can't get enough of it. Lots of info and funny stuff goes on here. Anybody else addicted? I could name a few but you know who you are.:waving: :D

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Just joined a few days ago......check it out every day, sometimes twice. Does that mean that I am addicted? Or maybe, I have no life.

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

O.K., my computer is on 24/7 I am connected to the internet 18 hours a day. Of those 18 hours, I am on the computer about 8 hours. All 8 hours, guess where I am surfing?????

I am constantly going from one forum to another to another, looking for brand new threads to read. I figure, lately I have been working 8 hours and surfing plowsite 8 hours. That leaves 8 hours for everything else in my life. I devote 1/3 of my life to this insane site:help:

4. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

yeah I could say I am one too.. after our moving to Omaha I was thinking of getting in to plowing so looked around on web and found this plow site. sure I have learned alot from it anyway right now no body had been calling me out to do some plowing so I am reading this..

5. SnoFoilFisher21

SnoFoilFisher21 Member

well if u check it once a day and have no life.....i must be a social outcast:drinkup: .....How cant u like this site....tons of info, cool people, and the best thing of all...PLOWING :D ......welcome to plowsite

6. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Spend many hours here. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but hey, I'm home!

7. The Boss

Plow Meister and Snowjaw, you were a couple of the people I was referring to in the statement "you know who you are":D :waving:

8. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

:gunsfiring: Awwww, you got me

9. The Boss

I won't be able to respond to everyone on my list:p so I'll just keep track on paper.:D :waving:

10. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

The Boss, ummmm could't remember if we have meet..?:confused: by the way if you are in Omaha just let me know before you coming to Omaha maybe we could Meet.. :waving: :D

11. The Boss

haven't met yet but I see ya on here quite a bit:waving:
    About the only time I get out to omaha is when I visit my dad in Colorado and drive. Next time I go out(who knows when?) I'll shoot ya an email and maybe we can do lunch or something?:nod: :waving:

12. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

13. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

This is the best site of any kind I have ever found on the internet.
    I have been on the internet since AOL 2.5 it's now 9.0 . I get up after working all night or playing, I mean plowing ,the wife tells the kids to get off the computer, Dad needs it. A cup of coffee, first smoke and plow site. Maybe check the weather and radar sometime in that first hour. If I don't get 2 hours of plow site a day I might have a seizure, why chance it?

14. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i guess im here alot payup

15. MSC

MSC Member

I have to admit it, I am addicted to Plowsite.
    Lots of good info, professional people, all willing to help each other.
    Kind of rare in this business today.
    I usually visit every day, mostly early in the morning before I get going for the day.
    Wife walks in to the office, says"whatcha doin"
    To which I reply "looking at Plowsite.com."
    She says" your such a guy"
    I think this is a good thing.

Rich:D

16. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

Yea i admit im addicted too... cant help it ... you learn alot here....Great people also... Should not have gotten DSL ... cant seem to get of the computer !!!!

17. JMR

JMR Senior Member

My addiction to plow site is almost as bad as my addiction to plowing. Last night at 8:00pm I finished almost 40 hours of plowing 13.5" and what is the second thing I do when I get home(had to kiss the wife and kids first). I check out plow site. I must be addicted. My computer at work is one 24/7 at my desk. E-mail notices keep popping up on my screen and I have to reply. I am definitely and snow plowing - plow site addict. Hell I'm already checking the weather waiting for the next storm.

Snow Jaw: If you can't find work during the storm, just drive around the neighborhoods looking for flag downs. I got flagged down 3 times within a block of my house on the way home last nite and I'm not even looking for work. Also try calling Dave Alloy, I already PM you his number.

18. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

i have been reading plowsite for a year just joined at the beginning of the month. I check it often mainly th snowplowing discussion to see whats new. I am on alot now alredy have 100 something posts. I would not say addicted but i surely am here alot. This site and its people are great, when you have a problem you have plenty of people to answer your questions:nod:

19. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I like sharing my knowledge when i can help yeah so i like it here

20. redrocket

redrocket Junior Member

Since I became a member a short time ago, I need to get my fix daily. If I don't it's like plowing without my mountain dew. Love the site and the many different viewpoints.