1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Added wings to the VX85!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by CornerStoneProp, Nov 9, 2014.

1. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

And man does it look huge now! I can't believe what two extra feet can do. Don't mind the missing cutting edges still waiting on them! Also the passenger side did not come with the rookie pole so I guess I have to call Buyers and ask why it is missing. They were pretty straight forward to install and should come off for transport with one pin.

[​IMG]

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks awesome I need to get mine installed. Do you have pics of the mounts in the back? I have the brackets, just wondering is all.

3. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Wings are great. I usually only take them off when the snow is real wet and heavy because the wings kind of restrict the snow from sliding off the blade easy (my Westetn wings angle forward). When the wings are off, the blade feels tiny at first.

4. CornerStoneProp

I am working on pics, when I install the cutting edge tomorrow or Thursday I will get pics from the back of the blade.

5. plowguy43

Sweet thanks!

6. CornerStoneProp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just ignore that yellow paint and dent lol. That was a long night last year that I choose to forget!

7. plowguy43

LOL I didn't even notice. Thanks for the pictures. How much was the new cutting edge? I need some myself.

Thanks again

8. CornerStoneProp

To be honest the guy I sub for owed me a ton of money so he paid for the parts. I will find the exact cost but it was closer to 250 for all of them. Had to order the center ones...

9. plowguy43

Cool, I'm just wondering if there is anyone local who would have them or if I'll need to order online. They seem almost identical to the Fisher/Western one's but who knows.

10. CornerStoneProp

I got them from Hartford Truck in South Windsor CT. They can be ordered from Buyers directly. The cutting edge bolts are larger on the Buyers then the Fisher and I think the bolt pattern is just a fraction of an inch off.

11. plowguy43

Of course it is LOL. I'll get in touch with Buyers and see what they can do. Plow looks awesome!

12. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Just to save you guys the phone call - we don't sell anything direct. It all goes through dealers.

I don't know about our cutting edge pattern vs. Fishers. While the edge itself is probably the same length it would be dumb luck if they matched - and I wouldn't want to spend my day drilling holes in 1080/1090 steel. Being a fraction of an inch off is worse, if anything.

Happy Plowing!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  13. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

That's why God made a plasma cutter or torch..... ; )

14. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Can you provide a part number for the rubber replacement on the wings?

250$ for a cutting edge seems cheap, I paid 520 for a 9ft6 v snowdogg

15. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

How does that thing plow? Up here in the north country of new york I heaved not heard great things on them.

16. CornerStoneProp

You were right they were closer to 400 for the edges. As for how it plows, it gets down to blacktop most of the time without issues unless it is really packed. I have had some hydro issues but overall it works well. I had it out about 9 hours this year so far and had no issues.

17. plowguy43

On my 4 season with mine and love it.

18. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

God or people? lol