1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

added some more lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by nevrnf, Dec 7, 2008.

1. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I got a chance to see Georges truck and i decided to add a few led's to my setup.
    I went with the NOVA's as i like the flush look. I want to add 2 more to the mirrors but i have not decided weather to do a LIN 4 or another NOVA.
    With 18 strobes, 10 LED's and a traffic advisor, i think i have enough coverage for any situation.

DSCI0922.jpg

DSCI0923.jpg

DSCI0924.jpg

DSCI0925.jpg

DSCI0666.jpg

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

dam and i thought i had alot .. your makin me look bad ... question ... how much space did you have to squeeze in 2 TIR3's in corner of your bed by the bumper .. looks tight ...

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Lets see a night time lit up shot.

4. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

i actually made a custom bracket that the lights mount to then it mounts to the bed. Have to take the bumper off then the plastic pushes on the lights.

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I really like the Nova's too, flush is nice and they are bright enough for me. Out of interest did you get the nova's think they are wic 3, the ones that can flash split within the light?

6. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Video ?....,

7. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i just noticed sumtin ... do have a homemade light bar for your plow unit?? if so ..think you could snap a shot of it ... i wanna remake the one i have ..

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

very nice...thanks for the props...

stroker 79 is the real founder of the led under the badge idea...i stole it from him but he used lin3's...

9. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

How Whackerific.....

10. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

That is pretty sharp. I think I've seen one of stroker's videos in a different forum here. How big of a hole do you need to bore out for that kind of application? Those really look great!

:waving:

11. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Groundbreakers, The light tower is a 99 810 tower with a support welded down the side and an extra tub on the top to raise the lights so i can see over the top of the LP.
    All the novas are the split pattern style. Thye require a 1/2" hole to run the wires through.
    Maybe i can meet up with Grorge and get him to video all the light in action for me when i get the mirrors finished. I could use an excuse to have a beer at the shop.

12. Dissociative

sure thing.....let's do it...

and if you were sneaky like me...you put the lights under the badges on with body tape...you remove the badges and run wires through the hole behind them....then re-install..NO HOLE DRILLED...not for the wires..or the screws...i won't drill my truck....no way...

13. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

BRILLIANT!!

Too bad on a rig like mine, they're just stuck on....no holes:cry:
    Those lights under the badges on the front fenders....they're SURFACE mount?:eek:
    Those have a pretty darn slim profile!!

:waving:

14. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I did not really care about drilling. It is a work truck and it will get junked when i am through with it. It need a bunch of sheet metal so no big loss for a couple of holes.

15. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Looks good Tony.

I have some Nova SL WIC-3 LEDs coming for my truck, should be in tomorrow.

16. Dissociative

they have a 1/4" mounting depth..

if i didn't owe 24k still i might drill mine too,,.,lol

17. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

there are ways to mount them with out drilling the metal. use a bracket on the bumber

18. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

everything looks great man. but just one thing.....light them up!

19. Dissociative

boy...thats gonna be a funky bracket that mounts to the bumper and holds the light under the badge...lol

20. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

3M tape.....good stuff, that's what I'll be using on the body. On the toolbox....I'll drill into that.