1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Added shocks to my MD75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by brg, Feb 19, 2012.

1. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

I finally got around to adding shocks to my plow to slow down the return. I originally had one shock mounted to one of the upright braces but that wasn't enough so I redid the upper mount and added a second shock.

I went to napa with some measurements and actually ended up with steering stabilizers as they had more resistance than regular shocks.

The stabilizers cost about $35 each and the metal was stuff I had hanging around.

We haven't had much snow to plow lately, but I have made it trip over some obstacles and I'm quite happy with how it works. No more violent bangs when it returns.:dizzy:

plow 122.jpg

plow 124.jpg

2. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Neat, do you happen to have some Napa part #s for the stabilizers?

3. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

Yes. The part number is SC2915. They're made by Monroe so almost any parts store can get them. (same part #)

4. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Great, thanks, maybe this will be a mod to do for next season. You came up with a great idea!!

5. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

Thanks. I know some plows come with shocks. I think Snowdogg should come up with an optional kit you can buy.

6. Scott_

Scott_ Junior Member

Snowdogg makes a bolt on kit that costs around $250. I found that it will not bolt on to most Snowdogg blade types and takes some welding. The shock is the same one that Western uses for their blades. I recommend buying the shock at a parts store and welding yourself. It would be a lot cheaper than the kit even if you had to go to a welding shop.