1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

added jeep liberty

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rfed32, May 21, 2006.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

picked up five new lawns and which lead to 5 more driveways for this winter...now im not going to be able to handle them and my dad said he would do them if i would buy a plow for his jeep liberty...any advice on this yay or nay on plows....think the snoway st22 7'6'' and i would also have him do 5 others and a small lot seeing that i will be bidding on something bigger for my s10 and skid-steer...advice let me know...know nothing about the plows or the jeeps really oh and its an 05'

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

salopez just bought his wife a diesel jeep liberty. It soon will have a blizzard 680LT. How do I know. Cause I get to put it on. GRRR Its going to be the tight area unit.

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Yes it is going to be a fantastic quility assurance vehicle.
    I don't know if I would plow allot of parking lots with it as it is a pretty light vehicle.

4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

The liberty will handle the 680 or the 720. You'll want some ballast in the rear and a good set of tires but as stated above. Good tight area machine.

Jerre

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Great choice for that vehicle

6. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

thats what i was thinking seeing that on the snoway site the st22 video is a jeep liberty and its light but they still hold up...it will be used on 10driveways 1 or 2 sall lots just to get some of the small stuff out of the way and my dad could use the extra money...i will be payin for the plow seeing that i can write it off and all...but will the 6'8'' or the 7'6'' be better...what do you guys think....with the blizzard the 720 is on 15lbs more the the 680 and with the snoway the 7'6'' is only 9lbs more then the 6'8''....the blizzard seems a little bit stronger being made out of steel but the snoway weighs almost 100lbs lighter....the dealers arent the best for either so i will have on stock a lot of the parts if i get in a bind

7. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

could you maybe post some pics when you get it done...i would love to see how it looks....

my dad was thinkin about trading in and getting the desiel any thoughts on power wise if it would be better??

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

the diesel engine is fantastic! I would trade in a gasser on a diesel anyday. I had a gas liberty as a company car years ago, and it was a great jeep, just coudln't get more then 18mpg highway. My wife's new libby is averaging 22mpg and its not broken in yet. Plus there is no loss power at all.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You shouldn't have to stock a lot of Snoway parts. the durability factor is excellent. Go to the snoway site and check the comments on the 22 series. Guys are loving them on the Wranglers. We installed two on jeeps for customers who used and loved them through the 16 inches we got this spring. PM me if you need parts. You're in the Philly area, I know theres a dealer at Rt 202 and rt 1 in West Chester, and I'm maybe 20 miles further South West but would be glad to UPS what ever you needed.

10. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i have a dealer about 5mins away on rt611 in warminster but they have weird hours and idont know if they would be open in a strom b.c i know they plow a lot of stuff...