1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Added an inverted V to my Tornado, now what?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Ropinghorns, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Ropinghorns

Ropinghorns Senior Member

Yes, the sand and salt don't feed like they did, but no more jamming up after a long haul with a fresh big load. What about a vabrator? eBay has them from $175 to $475. Will I need the most expensive one?

2. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

a 200lb vibrator will do just fine... local plow supply should be able to get you one for around 250-300

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I have a tornado and am guessing that placement will be important because it's double wall construction

4. Ropinghorns

I made the mistake of placing the V against the front and back walls. This was too help me brace it. That is where it is piling up now. I may just cut the width of the V down on the ends and see if that will help. Do you ever have yours be hard to get going after a long haul with a big load of sand and salt mix? I used to have to restart it several times before it would take off.

5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

in my case i don't use sand , only salt...never have it bridge. when i made my V i left about 12-18" short on each end so it wouldn't bridge. maybe i can get a pic this morning
    steve

6. Ropinghorns

That would be great. I may have to re-brace it on the ends.