1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Added additional backup lighting

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Snoviper, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

I added a couple of 27 watt LED lights and mounted them to the hitch. I connected them to the reverse lights and everything works great. Now just need some snow. :D

AuxilaryLights1.jpg

AuxilaryLights2.jpg

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Looks good, nice and clean looking. I have the same style on one of my trucks and adding LED's to my other truck after the holidays. What lights are they.

3. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

how did you mount them to the hitch?

4. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

TaoTronics® TT- CL01 27W I got them off Amazon.

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Nice but the are not protected by anything. First hard pack you back up into and you will not be happy.

6. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

You are correct. I've got the exact same lights, but mounted them higher, on my spreader. I've seen guys mount them in their stake pockets. I also have mine plugged into my trailer outlet with an inline switch so I can turn them on independently when needed, and not just when in reverse.

20141109_181652.jpg

7. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I thought the same thing.

Nice spot Jeff. That looks real nice!

8. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Here is mine. You can see the original build in my sig. However, I have added some protection. Been running like this for a few seasons. Never had an issue yet and I back into a lot of piles. Tight spaces. I have a back up beeper that I can "turn off" if I need to as well as a third brake light from a Tahoe and a brake lite module flasher that pulses that third brake lite when I first hit the brakes.

[​IMG]

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I decided to get a 16" LED bar, it's supposed to have 5000 lumen and it's going on the top of the rear bumper right above the license plate cut away. Ive never had anyone back up that far that it would damage it there,lol

10. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Yes, I thought about that when I installed them, I hope the extra lighting will help keep me from backing in to as many things..:D. Also these were fairly inexpensive lights so they wouldn't be that bad to replace.

11. sthoms3355

sthoms3355 Member
    from Detroit

Dual Action Reverse Lights

I tried mounting lamps on hitch in past and yes once you back up into hard packed snow plow that snap off. So.....I got after market bumper with reverse lights built in plus adding LED lamps to headache rack. Currently the oval lamps in the bumper are just the halogens that came with the bumper but will get LED replacements. Lights are both controlled by reverse lights and switch in truck.

2012-08-29 15.51.24_edited-1.jpg