1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Added a "new" to me truck for the season...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Burkartsplow, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Hey Guys,
    Well I have taken on more work and needed another truck in order to get things done. I have been looking for 2 months and finally picked up this 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with 94K for $7500 yesterday. It runs great and just had new brake lines, brakes and rotors installed 2 weeks ago, and all the fluids have been flushed, new power steering pump and lines, tires have 75% tread left and a who bunch of other things. It is a one owner truck and he always sprayed the undercarriage down twice a year with oil to keep it from rusting. Never been used for plowing and is tight and runs straight. I started to install the mounting bracket for the 8.5 ss exv today and will finish the wiring tomorrow. I am herculing the bed next tuesday and installing the truckcraft aluminum dump insert and salter next thursday. I also have on order the firetsone airbags for the rear and timbrens for the front and a whelen LP reponder LED for the top and a couple of Sound off 1000 for backups lights. I also have to put in new dual batteries tomorrow as well. It will be a twin besides not having back rack and the marker lights on top. Other then that I am very happy with the purchase and I think I got myself a good deal. I will be posting more pictures along the way until the rig is completely outfitted. This is my Christmas present to myself. Happy Holidays Guys!!!

new truck 739.jpg

new truck 740.jpg

new truck 742.jpg

new truck 743.jpg
  2. Burkartsplow

Here is a few more next to its twin...

new truck 744.jpg

new truck 745.jpg

new truck 746.jpg

new truck 747.jpg
  3. Burkartsplow

And the last one I have and one of my house after the first snow fall all lit up. Enjoy :drinkup:

new truck 748.jpg

new truck 737.jpg
  4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks great Aaron! Glad you finally found one, yeah thats a good deal I paid 10500 out the door for my 03 with 91k 2 years ago. Your gunna have to number them or people are going to get confused!
  5. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Truck looks nice. Sounds like you stole it.
  6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Twins are hot, giggity. Where did you find the deal, Craigslist? Want Ads?
  7. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Sounds like a great deal to me! That's awesome they are twins.. And nice house too
  8. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good........did you ever add a vibrator to the truckcraft insert.........
  9. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

please tell me where i can find babied nice 1 owner low mileage trucks for nothing
  10. Burkartsplow

I found the truck on Autotrader. There were only 8 private sellers within 350 miles of my house with a 2500 for sale and this guy was just north of Pittsburgh in Freedom PA. He also put down a sale price of $3000 for me on the title saving me another $500 on taxes here in Ohio so I guess I got it for around $7250. He had about 5 people who wanted to buy it and a few could not get financing and one asked if he could make payments. He was asking $9500 and he got stuck on $8500 was his lowest he would go. Then I pulled out some stacks and the rest is history. Plus I had my buddy who works for me telling him lets just make the deal and be over with it. It was fun looking for a truck but now I am not looking at autotrader for a long time. I never put a vibrator in the bed of the truckcraft as I use clearlane and it always slid down fine and never clumped up if I left it in there for a couple of days.
  11. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

wife using this truck? hahaha they both need the sweet tow mirrors
  12. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Trucks look good, going to have the get the all lettered up!!

Did you copy your neighbours like or the other way around?
  13. Burkartsplow

My neighbors asked me to do there lights for them. They are older and they liked the clean look of mine. It is always a good move to keep your new neighbors happy. There is a new couple moving in across the street so we wont be the Newbies any more and feel like were walking on eggshells sometimes. I am getting a new logo made in the next couple of weeks and doing them up.
  14. A&J Landscaping

A&J Landscaping Senior Member

Nice truck good deal
  15. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck and not to thread bash but ...... where did all those spots come from that are on your driveway?
  16. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck! What a find! Twins!!!!!
  17. Burkartsplow

I just got home from the car wash and backed in the drive and parked and hopped out and then pulled the truck up to where you see it in the pic. Its just water. Thumbs Up
  18. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looking good Aaron. Both trucks will look sweet with the fishers hanging out front. And the house looks great and by the way whats that stuff on the driveway. LOL. Merry Chrismas to you and yours Aaron
  19. Burkartsplow

Well I got all of the wiring and mount on for the Fisher 8.5 SS V plow all hooked up. Today I sanded the bed and applied two coats of UPOL Raptor bedliner kit. http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/upol.aspx. I saw another guy who had it and for $109 you cant beat it. The new dump insert is going in on top of it I just wanted to clean it up a bit and also to help with rust prevention with the salter. So here a few pics. I got 2 coats on but it was getting late and I did not get time to take off the tape and get some finished pics. Those will come tomorrow. The prep work took a few hours, but spraying the two coats took about 15 minutes with an hour in between for drying.

View attachment pictures 750.jpg

View attachment pictures 751.jpg

View attachment pictures 752.jpg

View attachment pictures 754.jpg
  20. Burkartsplow