1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Add wings or upgrade

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Grn_Mtn_Boy, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Grn_Mtn_Boy

Grn_Mtn_Boy Junior Member

I need more opinions..
    I currently have a 7'6" trip edge super duty Boss and I'm upgrading to a 2500HD soon. I've been offered a pitiful trade price towards a new 8.2 straight or V. Dealer offered me $1600 off from the $5500 cost of a new 8.2 V. This plow still shines! I keep it inside all summer and I'm one to take it off right after a storm so it doesn't see too much salt. For $1000 I can add the Boss wings and gain plenty of width. What's the general consensus?
    I do need a different undercarriage and also the headlight adapters to the tune of about $700 if I keep my original plow. I was told I could use my old wiring harness but if I needed a new one it goes for about $350.
    Keep old plow : $1000 wings + $700 for new undercarriage / adapters = $ 1700

New plow : $5500 new 8.2 V - $1600 trade = $ 3900

If I account for the fact that I have to spend $700 to mount my old plow = $3200

Having a Boss V over a straight blade - Priceless??
  2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Then later upgrade again by adding wings to it.

Aren't you from Vermont? Doesn't it snow a lot up there?:) This is only if you upgrade from the half ton. If you keep the half ton, keep the baby plow and NO WINGS.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  3. Grn_Mtn_Boy

Normally it does! All the big ones have gone south of us this year.
  4. H20-32

H20-32 Member

I run a Boss SD 7.5 with Boss wings great combo.Wings should cost you around $600.00,the install for the wings is simple bolt on, pre drilled.On your vertical ribs approx half way up should have 2 holes on four ribs.If your blade is older you may have to drill.Yeah we are getting them..........
  5. Grn_Mtn_Boy

Do you know where I can get them that cheap? I got prices from two dealers...they were both @ $500 / side.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Your dealer is ripping you off. You can get them on ebay for 700. Jim at esi truck (jim@esitruck on here) can get the, to you for about 650 shipped to your door I believe.

As far as the mount goes depending on the truck you shouldn't need a mount. But say you are going from a 88-00 classic chevy to a 01-07 chevy you will need a new mount. The frames are different on the trucks. Even the 99 to 02 1500 chevys have a different frame than the 01-07 HDs.