1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

add heated tow mirrors to 04 silverado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Burkartsplow, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I am adding towing mirrors to my 04 2500hd Silverado. I don't have power windows or a defrost for the rear window. Is it possible to add heated mirrors to the truck and how much wiring is involved, or should I just put in the tow mirrors and forget about them being heated? Any suggestions or instructions greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

I suppose anything is possible. The factory heated mirrors operate from the rear window defrost switch. With no rear defrost you will not have a factory switch to operate the mirrors.

I imagine you can figure out power, switch, and wire somehow but it will not be as easy as plug and play.

3. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

You probably already have your answer, but all functions of the mirrors are controlled by the ECM (like everything else in the truck) through the various switches. You can still wire them up and install a seperate switch if you want, or use them without the functions.