1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Add a Leaf springs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by FordFisherman, Sep 9, 2009.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Anyone use add a leaf by Rough Country? Thinking about putting a set on the front of my 7.3. What can I expect as far as ride and handling characteristics? Any input appreciated.
  2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

It depends what year the truck is? I have a 99 - F-350 & it doesn't need any help in the front. wesport
  3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Also it depends what the load rating is. Mine on my 03 are the 5200# springs and they are pretty tired and sag quite a bit the wrong way. If you are just looking for some lift and your springs are in pretty good shape then I would go the add a leaf route. But if your springs are not the #6000 pound springs then I would probably just get new leaf packs.
  4. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

IMO Ford should'a stuck with the leafs instead of switching to coil.
  5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Front springs are still good- just trying to level it out and figured it couldn't hurt for carrying the plow.
  6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

put the ones from summit on it....i did and LOVE THEM...its a leaf pack 5 leafs under stockers....raises 3"
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I just put a set of AirLift bags on the back of my truck. Very nice, highly recommend them. Picked up almost an inch of lift for the tired old springs. That's just with 10 psi. Truck actually rides better than before.

i bought a add a leaf from rough country. it was the two inch leaf. my front leafs were sagging just a little due to the truck plowing most of its life. picked up the front end better than a hollywood surgeon preforming a face lift!!!!:D