1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Add a leaf or timbrens or ????

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jameson, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Jameson

Jameson Junior Member

Have a 2004 f350 6.0l diesel w/out snow prep package. My factory front end weight is around 4700lb/4800lb rating. I will be putting on an 8ft boss plow which is around 700lbs i'm guessing and wanted to beef up my front end a bit and prevent sag.

Any suggestions/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks jon
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

My vote is for air bags. I just put a set of AirLift on the back of my 97 GMC. At 10 lbs, I restored ride height by about an inch, and the truck rides better. When it comes time to put the sander in, I'll crank them up to 60 or so.
  3. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I've tried both methods, I believe the Ford is close to maxium front axle weight due to being a diesel, so by adding a plow set-up it would most likely require an additional spring. I had timbrens fail within 2 years; but the cost of replacement was far cheaper.
  4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Air bags..................
  5. Jameson

Jameson Junior Member

Thanks guys. I would prefer putting airbags it, but i'm on a budget and adding a leaf, sounds cheaper and simpler.

Bring on the snow.
  6. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I've got a new set of airbags that say ford on them I would sell real cheap if interested. I don't know what they actually fit but its a leaf spring airbag setup. I can send pics to your email if interested.
  7. Jameson

Jameson Junior Member

Air bags

I would be interested in seeing a picture of the air bags if they are still available.

Thanks and hope your enjoying the weekend.

8. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I've got a pic on another thread, scroll down though, I have them marked $50 shipped in the second pic.

I dropped these off at a local auction site so if you want them I will have to go pick them back up Monday evening.

9. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

Jameson- take a look at these . These came from truck spring. Pretty sure they fit your truck. PM me if interested. Or e mail gusdust@aol.com