1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

add a leaf or mini spring pack

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by stcroixjoe, Sep 16, 2007.

1. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

add a leaf or mini spring pack which is better to get 2-2.5 in. of lift? which one will carry a plow better on a 00 f250 sd crew cab

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

So do you want a lift or do you just want it to sit level carrying the plow?

If you want a lift I'd go with the full spring pack, if you just add a leaf if it's already sagging the extra leaf won't help much. If you're looking for it to sit level with the plow I'd go with air bags, both run about $250 with the bags being easier to install.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

in my line of work i see more problems with fords and being under sprung.

if you like it now then leave it alone and add a air bag system to comp for when the plow is on the truck.

if you want to sit higher or take out the low front end all the time from factory. then get a true kit. not just a cheep helper spring. thay suck and ride like crap. a real kit designed for your truck will ride and work better.

if the spring route then find the closest spring shop in your area and ask them if a new hd pack or true add a leaf kit built for your truck would be best for your needs. as thay install these all the time.

some spring shops sell add a leaf kits with everything in a box ready to go. you just install and go. no need for hunting down parts from here and there.

good luck and safe plowing.

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I sent you a P.M. about my leveling kit. It helps with plow sag to.

5. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Sag

Cleveland Spring can do springs,a guy at work uses air bags,I use Timbrens front& rear.It helps tow my trailer better.When I lifted the plow I had 1 3/4 drop,after the Timbrens 3/8 of an inch.There most likely the cheapest Too.

6. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

What sort of air bag setup are you guys talking about? Got any more infor or pics?

7. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

They are Firestone air bags,He mounted them just behind the center of the spring to the rear,He also has a onboard compressor to inflate when he needs to.

8. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Here's a couple

Airlift Bags

Firestone Bags