1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

add-a-leaf ? NBS 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by scottL, Mar 5, 2009.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Has anyone added one of the add-a-leaf springs to their truck ? If so, what brand and how much capacity do you think you got?

I run a fair amount of additional weight in the winter with salt ... needless to say the new Chevy design's are soft.

2. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

have you tried timbrens? I put them on my NBS GMC 2500HD and they made a world of difference.

3. Whitewheelin

Whitewheelin Junior Member

I put an add a leaf in my truck and it leveled it out nice and i can put my snowmachine in my truck which is almost 500 pounds and my truck hardly squats down from normal. It still sits level with it in there. I installed them myself which took a few hours since im not mechanically inclined, and they turned out fine. The leafs themselves only set me back about 120$ for the pair. When i picked them up the business gave me 2 small plastic pieces to install between the leafs so they dont squeek and make sure u put them in cus mine squeeked at first. But they must have shifted into place into place and they dont sqeek anymore. But i would recommend installing them.

4. RSheaLand

RSheaLand Member

I had two leafs added to each side but with flatbed and a loaded sander it still doesnt seem to be enough. I will look into timbrens next year.

5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks Guys.... I'm aware of Timbren's ... I have them on the front. Was looking at leaf's as another option. The Tuff Country pari only adds 300lbs of strength. Doesn't seem like much.

6. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I added one spring to each side of my 04. Had it done at a local spring shop and it was about 200 total parts and labor. I recommend it.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

No offense, but it's 2009, get air bags.

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I put firestone 5K airbags on my 2004 2500HD and they are great. U can adjust them for different seasons and when she is loaded she rides like a dream. Not stiff like timbrens or harder if you put in more leafs. $230 for them and 3 hours to install the first time. I will put airbags on all my trucks from here on out.