1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adapting a western plow question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by desearth, Oct 13, 2008.

1. desearth

desearth Junior Member
    from PA

Hi everyone, I’m new to this site and was looking for some help. I have been plowing for 6+ years with a Jeep wrangler with a western 6.5 standard plow, normally just driveways. Well the problem I’m having is the jeep is dead and I just bought a ford F-250 and I was wondering if I could adapt the plow to fit. I understand I need to get a new mounting bracket and wiring harness. But is there any way to make the blade wider, with wings or add-ons, would this make the plow to heavy for the pump? I would hate to invest $5100 in a new plow when I could adapt maybe for $2000 or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Mario
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Hate to say this but i think you out of luck. The 6.5 blade is way to light in the blade and a-frame for the f250 and would more than likely become a pretzel if you made it wide enough to fit the truck.

Theres plenty of good used plows out there for a heck of alot less than a new one. Post the one you have for sale to help make up the differance in price.
  3. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Sell the 6.5ft plow and buy a used 8 ft. for the F-250. You could get a used plow for around $2000 that would fit your truck