1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Adapters for Truck Grill

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Allens LawnCare, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare Member

Does anyone know where I can buy the adapters that are usally ziptied to the grill so I can just plug my MM2 into them with out having to dig for my wires or leave them hanging out.

2. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

I'm looking for the same thing! I'll let you know if I find them!

3. M&M

M&M Senior Member

I'm pretty sure that the reason you don't see those anymore is according to my dealer the connection is better off if it's floating. The old set up has the truck side fixed, and the plow side is not. This set up creates more wear on the pins than if both sides are not fixed. That really didn't answer your question but I thought you might want to know the reason behind not being able to find them easily.

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Yeah, we never used the grille plates, even back in the two plug MMs. Just cap them and tuck them behind the bumper or grille.

5. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

OK thanks. Where can I get a cap for them? I filled it with dielectric grease, but
    I think I ought to cover/cap it to keep debris out.

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Any Fisher dealer will have them. $3-4 I think.

7. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

Went with the plug cover. Doesn't attach to the grill, but it protects the plug end! Got my grease, too...I'm set!

Plug Cover
    Part Number: 8291K
    Category: Electrical Components
    Price: $5.10