1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Action shots

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Pete7, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Pete7

Pete7 Member

Here are a couple of action shots from last weeks snow.
    Pete

plow 12-9-5 (2) (Small).JPG

plow 12-9-5 (4) (Small).JPG

plow 12-9-5 (5) (Small).JPG

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

how is the plowing with that 05 ford? I have the diesel/supercab/longbed and chose not to put a plow on it because its too big for residential.

Do you have the stock Continental tires on it?
    I am disgusted at how poor the performance was with this tire in the snow, i have to use 4x4 whenever there is snow around! Continental is the only company that makes the 18" tire with load range E. I'm currently looking for another set of rims to run in the winter to improve traction.

3. Pete7

Pete7 Member

The truck is great, I could not be happier with it. I am running around 450 pounds of ballast behind the rear wheels and the truck handles beautifully. I agree with you about the tires. I noticed it the first week I had it in the mud. Everyone I talked to said the Ford tires are terrible.
    However overall with the ballast and appropriate driving I am very happy.
    The size of the truck is not a problem, the few drives I do are pretty open and on lots the truck is the perfect size.
    Pete

4. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I have an 05 F-350 with the V-10 manual. The truck plowed great, but I agree the tires suck. I will be looking at doing a different tire to plow with. If anyone finds one let us 05 Fords guys know.

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Hands down, the best tire to PLOW with is the Cooper Discover M+S.

FYI, I've had the BF's(looked the best), Goodyear RTS's(good in rain), Michelin ATF(only good for dry highway) and all were way more money and sucked the big one.

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Pete, Looking at the size of your lot you really should get a set of ProWings. Dollar for dollar, you will not find a better way to improve your plowing times. I just wish I had bought them last year.

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

unfortunately they don't make this tire for the 05's 18" rims. I'm going to figure out what rim offset i need then scout ebay for a set and put some good tires on them for the winter for now. hopefully there will be a company that makes a decent 18" "E" tire for us by spring or summer.

Last week i got completely sideways leaving a parking lot on a dry street because my tires were packed with snow from driving through a vacant lot.

8. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

If you can pull a trailer in these drive ways you should be able to plow with no problems. Look at tire rack for a snow tire/wheel package. You should be able to get 17" rims on that with the right tire.

9. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Hey Pete,

Great action shots and Nice Truck.
    Where in Orange are you located?

Jason

10. Pete7

Pete7 Member

As for wings, that is my own street, only three of us up here and two have plows so we just do that ourselves. Other than that I do my own drive and my site drives and the rest of the time I sub, so I do not really have a need for anything bigger.

I am in Warwick. WHere are you?

Pete

11. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Chestnut Ridge But am Currently looking to move to Orange Chester/Florida/Warwick Area...
    Don't worry my business is in Rocklandpayup

12. ClaytonR

ClaytonR Member

that is

that is a hot set up there...looks nice...just needs a cool yellow strobe...haha

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a set of 17" wheels off E-bay and mounted the M&S's. They are working great.

Another screwup by Ford. Great truck, crappy tires. Morons.

14. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

did you buy them from a pre-05 truck? i've heard there might be an issue with backspacing, is that correct?

15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I have no idea what year truck they came off. Slightly used but in excellent shape.

The 250's are running 17's, the 350's are 18's. One of the few differences, or so I've been told. Only major problem is speedo is off by 5 MPH.

16. Pete7

Pete7 Member

Not worried about competition I am not a landscaper, I am builder/developer. If you are looking for something in the area, I have two houses on the market right now one in Florida and one in Warwick.
    PM if you want more info or email peteberman@optonline.net
    Pete