1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

acres of snow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 69pacecar, Oct 11, 2010.

1. 69pacecar

69pacecar Junior Member
    from ma.

Hi all new to the forms and looking for help. I have just over 115 acres of asphalt to clear and work like to purchase a loader with push box, looking to use everyones knowledge to get the best bang for the buck,

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

"A" loader? You'll need a fleet of loaders for a property that large.

3. 69pacecar

69pacecar Junior Member
    from ma.

Right now I can get my hands on a 3 yard loader whats the best push box to use?

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Even if you can clear 3 acres per hour your still looking at close to 40 hours per push. The size of the bucket means little to nothing on the size of the box you can put on it. It is all determined by the horsepower, weight, and size of the machine over all. I would venture to guess you need to have somewhere around 5 to 8 loaders on that site with 16 foot pushers to have a chance at even comming close to keeping up with a storm.

5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I wanna see a picture!

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

7. ajslands

Of the 115 acre parking lot

8. 69pacecar

69pacecar Junior Member
    from ma.

goggle earth 123 williams st n. dighton ma 02674 to see what the site consists of.

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  11. ajslands

How about 2 loaders and a skid and a couple trucks. Or how about I go to bed :)

12. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

How about a Quad? Serious!! You have something to play with this winter.

13. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

That's weird...So much parking for such small structures.

14. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Notice on the google earth map, it says Manheim, which is an auction company. It's an auto auction place, which typically fills the lot within a couple days, runs the auction, and all the cars are gone come the end of the week... It's an amazing show to watch on auction day, complete organized chaos!

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here is a formula that may help you. It is pusher size to acres based on hourly amounts they average.

8'......1.8 acres per hour
    10' 1.9
    12' 2.5
    16' 3.7
    20' 5.5

16. ajslands

how about a nice 30' snow pusher.:mechanic:

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol.................

18. ajslands

Theirs a guy that used to work for my contractor (he got the boot for being an idiot and doing stupid **** like this) and he did auction lots and would always brag for going like 70 while plowing. Be told me "I don't care it's not my stuf that's breaking" that was last year. But after the first time I plowed, I realized he was full of SHÎt!

Joking around again!
    Get a realy long telehandler and put a pusher on that bucket and instead of Making a bunch of passes, push the bucke forward.

Or you could hire like a few hundred guys with garden Shovels and have them start and just keep shoveling to clear it
    Done joking.

Mr. Op, do you have a loader or did you say you want to buy your first one.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  19. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

What were you playing on gettin paid for a job like this? Or do you own it?

20. 69pacecar

69pacecar Junior Member
    from ma.

First thanks for all responses and yes viper I 'm the facilities manager, Guys thanks for the formulars on pushers. the good and bad of this site is you can just about find any type plow rig you want the bad is with two auctions a week I only have a couple of days between to clear the area, which means clear a lot move vehicles to it then clear the next spot,This is why i need to move as much snow as possible on a pass.