1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Accuweathers prediction for Feb

Discussion in 'Weather' started by BayviewLawn, Jan 20, 2006.

1. BayviewLawn

BayviewLawn Member

Accuweather.com put out there Feb predictions and heres a little excerpt.

Below is the precipitation outlook for February. No region is likely to get heavy amounts of rain or snow. As a matter of fact, much of the nation will have a drier-than-normal month. The reason is the projected northwest-to-southeast orientation of the jetstream. A flow like that simply has trouble picking up much moisture.

I LOVE my seasonal contracts!!payup

2. JTW

JTW Senior Member

Why don't you kick my dog too while you are at it.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Accuweather.com is saying that my area will be much colder than in January, and that we will likely get a lot of snow, we'll see what happens:rolleyes:

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I'm with you.

5. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

same for ct but they all said it was going to be a cold and snowy and look what happend

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Accuweather also said we were going to get 1-3 inches from the last storm. Last time I checked it on 1/20 at 8:30pm it still said 1-3", and there was 4.5 on the ground. We ended up with over 12". I wouldnt bet the farm on Accuweather, there forecasting is about in line with the weather channel.
    Todd

7. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I know accuweather are on eof our sponsers but on the 8th of dec 2005 they said it was gonna be 54 and rain it was 26 and we got 9 inches of snow

8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Accuweather has been saying cold and snowy for the northeast for the past three years.

9. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

From all the sites I watch, Accuweather is always the most off. The only time they get it close is the day of the storm when they post snow fall amounts. Weather unederground has been much closer...at least for my area.

10. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

:realmad:THIS SUCKS!:help:

11. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

They cant predict the weather days in advance , let alone a couple weeks before. Just be ready......

12. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

How about it!! They always forecast something major for the East coast. I think their batting average is one of the worst in the league!!! :D

13. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

IM WITH YOU ON THAT ONE !!!!