1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scott's, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

How does it work? I do some sub work for a Co. that uses this site to check presip on days billed. I had salted 3 accounts for this Co.due to icing that day. The lots where slick and ice covered prime time to salt .Well I turn in my bill and then get a call saying they checked accuweather and it showed no presip for my location that day or any say around that date so they prob will not beable to pay for that salting. I was like ???????.

Question is how does that site work? Does it pic up its info from larger towns as I live in a smaller town that prob dosent show up on any reports.
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

A buddy of mine takes digital pics of his lots with the date stamp on them when he's in the same situation. Avoids a lot of headaches. On site verification is the only way to go. Good Luck.
  3. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

or i had triplicate forms made up and have lot managers or store managers sign them whenever i salt or plow for verification.
  4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

or better yet, along with those time stamped pics go to www.nerogps.com and get that put in your trucks.
  5. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

yep accuweather isn't everywhere at all times- we have diff. results from diff parts of the same town. take a dig camera with you or a camcorder & date stamp it, & I would also take a pic of sliding on my feet across the parking lot; slide a brick or something across the icy lot & record it. The point is if they know you bck up what you report with proof like that they're less likely to debate it.
  6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Accuweather isn't.

I'ts maybe the worst of the bunch.
    I use them as a contrary indicator. If they say 3-6, I know we're getting nothing or a dusting. (happened again last night, they said 3-6, we got 1/2 to 1)

7. Hunter9

Hunter9 Member

Which one do you use them? National Weather Service?
  8. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

We get managers sigs everytime we go on site. We also take pics. We have never had any problems doing it that way.
  9. tinymitymo

tinymitymo Member

Sounds to me like they just do not want to pay you.........:realmad:

I think I would find someone else to work for.......

Or change the way I determine when to service.....like having the property or business owner call when they want me to provide service.....just document in the contract that you are not responsible for the condition of the lot if you don't call me:nod: