1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Accu Weather's Forcast 07-08

Discussion in 'Weather' started by FISHERBOY, Oct 24, 2007.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Did anyone see the winter forcast from accu-weather its not good for us snow lovers:cry:. Make sur everybody reads it. I think after christmas tree season i should go find a job just to make some extra money.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I dunno man, im trying not to think about it. Ive heard about 4 different forecasts and not believing any of them. Everything i heard last year was wrong.
    How many trees do you sell?
  3. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

below normal precip and warmer for nj....wonderful!
  4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Maybe i cant read but it didnt look bad to me. I read Joe Bastardis forcast and for illinois, indy, mich, ohio and that area it looked good. In fact it said that we were going to have 150% precip over average.
  5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i work a regular job because im 99% sure that ill get a paycheck next week. ill have medical coverage for myself and my kid. if i get hurt ill have disability ins. if i get laid off ill have unemployment insurance, i have three weeks vacation, nine sick days, holidays off and six personal days and if i die my family gets two hundred k insurance, some money stashed, and a paid off roof..
    and better yet whatever i make in my side endeavors i can choose not to spend and "theoretically" reinvest into whatever i have going for a side business to grow it without as much risk.
    downside..... i have little time..... the side businesses suffer because i cant put all my efforts into them. multiple obligations. cant win either way.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Accu Weather Forcast

I sell about 200 christmas trees payup december just flies by
  7. stroker79

I just compared what is on the regular accuweather.com site versus accuweather.com professional and its pretty different. Pro has alot of very detailed info and maps. It had a big headliner that if the information is redistruted or shared publically that im in trouble so unfortunatelly you gotta pay up, lol. Although it is free for the first 30 days! haha
  8. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I'm with you on that one !!:drinkup: As for the 07' -08' season... I dunno...It's just about Halloween and the trees are still mostly green...very few leaves falling. Hmmmm...It's gonna be one of two...either 50 the whole winter or were gonna get slammed and I hope it's the latter !!
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  9. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Youre not kidding. From the weekend of Nov 17th through the end of Dec its freakin nuts. I take that whole week before thanksgiving to setup the yard, then after that theres those 3 weeks of craziness! But i love it and look forward to it every year. I sell around 220 trees plus $20,000 worth of christmas greens. :cool:
  10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

we willnt know till may.

I do know what the farmers almanac is saying:

Snow for Ohio next week.

stroker79, so are you saying good winter or bad winter???

is it worth the money?
  11. stroker79

Yeah for our area it should be pretty good! I think its worth the money. You can call in just about any time to get the weather report during a storm and you get alot of radar control alot more detailed and accurate information. It should be free for 30 days, I tried it just for the heck of it and fell in love it. You can also get some really cool weather desktops that are 100% live streaming data.
  12. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

here is the map from accuweather if I can get it to work